Friday, June 17, 2016

Featured Photographer: Kenny Lau



         

"I mainly shoot in Hong Kong, 
the place I've been living for 38yrs."






“I took a photo class when I was still in high school, 
but the teacher never taught me how to shoot. 
I would stay in the darkroom alone and learned everything on my own.

After high school I stopped photographing for 10yrs,
 and I started doing street photography at the end of 2014.”








"I photograph because I have a son who is 2 years old, and I ask myself, 
what is the best thing I can do to let him know more about his father, 
and what if he wishes to see more about what I was seeing everyday? 
I always wished to know what my father saw in the past as well. 
 It's like, what was my father doing in 1979, on April the 11th? 
It's interesting to me."







"I prefer to work in black and white,
 reality is already full of color, 
sometimes black and white makes my vision clear." 






"My father inspires me.
 The way he talks,  sees,  feels,  
is just different than all the other people I've ever known.
 He inspires my vision. "







"Stay humble, the world is too big and you are just too small. 
You can not bring all the wealthy things with you when you die,
 but you can leave memories to people. These inspire people. "



 


The best piece of advice I've been given is:
 "Keep Walking."






(Interview by Carli Rentsch)

No comments:

Post a Comment