Friday, April 8, 2016

Featured Photographer: Claudia Morales

 Claudia Morales



"I live in Gran Canaria and I am studying Graphic Design.
 I love analogue photography, independent films, french fries and Blink 182."




                   "I started taking photos about two years ago, through an academic study where we had to create an image of our own world." 


                              
                              

  " I normally shoot digital, but my true passion is analogue photography.
 I have a collection of film cameras: a Fujifilm Instax 210Instax minia Holga 120 N, and I sometimes use disposable cameras."






                                              




  "I'm inspired by the artwork of Gloria Marigo. When I found her work, I began to see photography in a different way. She produced very original images that moved me to another place, it was almost magical."




                                  



"When I shoot I try to make it something spontaneous, something strange and funny. Sometimes I just take a mask and go out to explore."



                                                   



     "As a writer of stories, I like to create characters, 
     and I think the masks help to turn a person into a character. 
      Moreover, I love the contrast between humans and nature."

                                    

                                        



             "I love telling different stories with my photos, and making people immersed and entertained with each of them.
   I find freedom in it, it's what makes me feel comfortable and helps me to express myself."




 You can find more of Claudia's work on her Flickr and Facebook 








  (Interview by Carli Rentsch)


1 comment: