Friday, May 27, 2016

Featured Photographer: Hilda Randulv








"I’m 21 years old and I’m currently studying analog photography in Akademin Valand in Gothenburg.
 I also work as an assistant in preschool and freelance as a photographer."










“I think it all started around the same time that cell phones got cameras, 
like in 2005 or something in Sweden. I might have been ten at the time.
I believe I got my own camera in 2010, I was about 16 years old and I took photos of everything, it didn’t even have to be beautiful or meaningful to me. I just liked the sound of the camera when it snapped.”







’’I used to think that I could never lose anyone if I photographed them enough. 
In fact, my pictures show me how much I’ve lost.’’
 - Nan Goldin






“ I’m never quite pleased with what I do and I always wish that if I could’ve taken that photo one more time, I would have changed this and that. I look at all my photos likes sketches that I will remake over and over again.

When I think about all this I realize that I photograph because I take myself doing it for granted, I can’t see myself in the future without it even though I honestly hate it sometimes.”









"I think it's really amazing what light can do to someones skin, cheekbones or eyes.
The possibilities never end because there are so many faces out there, and every face has it’s own unique expression. It enchants me in the same way that some people can be enchanted by the thought of space being infinite.”








"Faces are my biggest source of inspiration,
 but I’m not so interested in the people or their behaviors.
 I believe that everyone has something about their face that is interesting.”
















(Interview by Carli Rentsch)

No comments:

Post a Comment