Friday, August 2, 2013

Featured Photographer: Saravanan Dhandapani


"I am from Chennai, Tamilnadu, the southern part of India. People and Street are my primary subject hence I  roam each street of Chennai and also I used to travel lot around the country to capture the unique moments of different people."



"I am a self-taught photographer, the love and interest in photography drives me to capture the unique moment and interact with many people, and also I am part of an dynamic group called Chennai Weekend Clickers which gives excellent opportunities to find a place to capture as well as interact with other photography friends."




"My primary subject is people. My intention is always to capture “the moment”, it can be an innocent smile, shy, capturing the people with their environment, culture and tradition... I used to take a series of photography of someone’s activities, business or something unique they are going to."




"I usually interact with people and I don’t simply take the photograph and go. I have an conversation with them and ask about their name and life and once I take the photograph I show them. The moment I show their pictures, the reaction from them is the ultimate part which every street photographer should get, they will get some kind of happiness or satisfaction or sometime they may be in shy mood. But they will really enjoy seeing their photograph."















2 comments:

  1. Great photos, It was such a great idea to start this blog. Very cool!

    artpoliticslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete