Friday, March 13, 2015

Featured Photographer: Julian Dura




 "I started photography back in 2011 when I was 14 years old.
My first pictures were all self-portraits, I found them to be one of the most enriching ways to get involved in photography. They enable you to understand and connect more extensively with your work; they cultivate sensitivity. At first I was self-taught, but then in 2013 I got into a Photography School for a year long course."


 "The equipment I like to use depends on what I'm shooting. If I have to choose, I'd rather use Nikon cameras and its lenses. Currently I'm not working with any kind of special lighting equipment. I do love natural light very much, especially morning light."


"I don't photograph as often as I used to. Although I do practice my photography skills -for example- everyday with my smartphone, but it has nothing to do with what you can see on my portfolio. Lately I'm interested in sketching and planning my pictures in more detail before shooting them, since I also create every prop, costume or accessory used in my photography myself."



"You never know how life will turn out, but I hope to continue finding constructive criticism and looking deeper into my work, so I will become a better photographer. I'm still sketching and looking for more inspiration in many projects. However, in the future, I'd really like to work with tasteful nudity and nature, integrating these two concepts as a whole."



No comments:

Post a Comment